2012 PARTNER PROGRAMS AT UNITED WAY
American Red Cross, Darke Co.¬†Chapter
- 130 Martz St, Suite 6, Greenville¬†¬†OH 45331¬† 937-548-1002 www.darkecounty.redcross.org/
¬†Red Coss provides relief to victims of fire and disasters along with training and prevention. Served 6206 residents in 2011.¬†
Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Shelby & Darke Co.
¬† - 205 E. 4th Street, Greenville¬†¬†OH 45331¬†¬†937-547-9622¬† www.bigbrobigsis-shelbydarke.org/
BBBS program matches at risk children with role models and provides a positive support¬† system.¬† The Big Buddies program provides this match with teen leaders during the school year. Served 254 residents in 2011.
Boys & Girls Club of Greenville¬†- 613 S. Broadway, Greenville¬† OH 45331¬† 937-547-1122 Boys & Girls Club provides a safe place for kids to study, play, and hav fun after school¬†hours. Served 457 kids in 2011.
Cancer Association of Darke County
- 209 E. Fourth Street, Greenville OH 45331¬† 937-548-9960 http://cadcinfo.org/index.html
¬† Cancer Association provides services, information, mileage reimbursement, and referrals to¬†Darke County cancer patients, families, and residents. Served 204 residents in 2011.
Catholic Social Services - Assisted Living for Seniors,¬†and Family & Individual Counseling Services¬†-¬†1201 Fairington Dr., Sidney, OH 45365 800-521-6419¬†¬†www.cssmv.org/index.htm¬† The assisted living program allows seniors to stay in their home receiving medical care.¬† The counseling services are helping those families and individuals in the county who cannot afford the services.
Served 181 residents in 2011.
Community Action Partnership-Darke County Emergency Shelter for the Homeless
- 1469 Sweitzer Street, Greenville OH¬† 45331¬†¬†937-548-8143 or after hours 937-548-2020¬† (sheriff)¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† ¬†www.cap-dayton.org/services/counties/darke.asp
¬† The emergency shelter provides shelter and a clothing bank for those¬† needing a safe place¬†to stay.¬†¬† Served 69 individuals, 39 households, 1618 nights of shelter, and 3236 meals in 2011.
Community Action Partnership - Supportive Housing Program
¬†- 1469 Sweitzer Street, Greenville OH¬† 45331¬† 937-548-2727 www.cap-dayton.org/services/counties/darke.asp
Serving a family/year with transitional housing, teaching budgeting, helping them find work and self-sustainability within the year.
Community Action Partnership-Darke County Senior Assistance
- 1469 Sweitzer Street, Greenville OH¬† 45331¬† 937-548-2727 www.cap-dayton.org/services/counties/darke.asp
Senior assistance offers seniors homemaker services such as light cleaning in their homes¬†and medical transportation to and from doctors' appointments. Served 231 seniors in 2011.
Community Action Partnership-Meals for the Elderly
- 1469 Sweitzer, ¬†Greenville¬†OH 937-548-2727 www.cap-dayton.org/services/counties/darke.asp
¬†¬† Meals for the Elderly provides meals to seniors' homes on a regular basis and provides a¬†time of socialization. Served 562 seniors in 2011.
Community Services for Deaf
- CSD, 2211 Arbor Blvd., Dayton OH¬† 45439¬† 937-773-6153 www.fsadayton.org/
Services for Deaf provides our residents who are hearing impaired or¬†family¬†members with support,¬†sign language, and hearing impaired mechanisms.¬†Served 48 residents in 2011.
Community Unity¬†- 433 E Water St, Greenville OH¬† 45331¬† 937-547-1156 Community Unity provides a food pantry and utility reimbursement services to those families¬† and individuals struggling with financial instability.¬† Served 1332 residents in 2011.
CORS-HandsOn West Central Ohio,¬†including Retired Senior Volunteer Program
- 116 E. Third, Greenville¬†OH 45331¬†¬†937-548-8002 www.handsonwestcentralohio.org
¬†RSVP is a part of¬†HandsOn West Central Ohio which¬†recruits and places seniors and volunteers of all ages¬†in volunteer tasks with government, non profit, and human service agencies.¬†Placed 867 volunteers in 2011.¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†
CORS-Gateway Youth Programs¬†
- 116 E. Third, Greenville¬†OH 45331 ¬†937-548-8002 www.councilonruralservices.org/
Gateway offers at-risk youth alternative positive activities.¬† Served 156 children in 2011.¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†
CORS-Achievement Center for Education Success¬†(ACES)
¬†- 116 E. Third, Greenville¬†OH 45331 ¬†937-548-8002¬†www.councilonruralservices.org
ACES offers teens an alternative educational learning opportunity. Served 35 teens in 2011.
Darke County Extension Service 4-H - 603 Wagner Avenue, Greenville OH 45331¬† 937-548-5215 darke.osu.edu/4h/4h.htm 4-H offers kids character-building & leadership projects in all facets of life, including homemaker, agriculture, animals, and much more.¬†¬†Served 1415 residents in 2011.¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†
Darke County Recovery Services - 600 Walnut St. Greenville Oh 45331¬† 937-548-6842¬†Recovery offers drug and alcohol programs to promote sobriety for those suffering from these addictions. Served 477 clients in 2011.
Darke County YMCA Financial Assistance - 301 Wagner Ave Greenville OH 45331¬† 937-548-3777 or 937-526-4488 www.ymcadarkecounty.org¬†¬† YMCA offers scholarships for membership and childcare to those families in financial need.¬† Served 56 clients in 2011.
FAME - Financial Assistance for Medical Emergencies - for Family Health patients call 937-548-3806, for all other individuals call 937-548-4196.¬† FAME offers help to those who cannot afford prescription drugs, certain medical procedures, and other medical emergencies. Served 629 residents in 2011.
- Grace Resurrection Community Center - 433 E. Water St., Greenville, OH 45331, 937-548-2595, www.grccenter.org¬†¬†Grace offers a food pantry, soup kitchen with lunches Monday - Thursday, and a clothing bank to help those in need. Served 2882 residents in 2011.¬† 3413 clothing bank visits, served 11,412 meals in 2011.
- Miami Valley Boy Scouts Council¬†-¬†6550 Poe Ave.¬†Dayton OH¬†937-278-4825 www.mvcbsa.com Scouting programs for boys which strive to build character, promote citizenship and develop personal fitness.¬†¬†¬†Served 488 youth in 2011.¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†
- Rehabilitation Center for Neurological Development - 1306 Garbry Road Piqua OH 937-773-7630 www.rcnd.org¬†The rehab center offers therapy and rehabilitation services for residents who suffer from brain injury, a child‚Äôs school for those with mental disabilities, and biofeedback and other therapies for residents with such brain illnesses such as autism. Served 31 residents in 2011.
- Safe Haven - 322 Fair St. , Greenville¬†OH 45331¬†937-548-7233, 633 N. Wayne St., Piqua OH, www.safehaveninc.com ¬†Safehaven is a center for mental health citizens, where they can participate in social, vocational and educational services.¬† Served 251 clients in 2011.
- State of the Heart Hospice - 1350 N Broadway, Greenville, OH 45331 937-548-2999, www.stateoftheheartcare.org State of the Heart Hospice offers bereavement support services for Darke County residents dealing with loss regardless of whether a loved one was a hospice patient.¬† State of the Heart works with the school systems as well during times of loss within the school systems.¬† Served 284 residents in 2011.¬† Provides Camp Bearable to youth each summer.
Website Made Possible by Family Health